Updated: May 19, 2020
Warming and subtly sweet & delicious keto loaf recipe shared by Sara Aguilar from Keto Supplements. It's Something between a savoury and sweet loaf; it’s not as dense as your usual keto loaf and actually quite light like a cake, yet has the delicious creamy crunch from the pili nuts. A happy accident!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Ingredients: 35g Pili Nuts (any savoury)
6 eggs 3 tbsp psyllium husk 150ml Avocado Oil, Extra Virgin Coconut or Olive Oil ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda 1 small apple, cored. 2 tbsp of chia seeds 1 tsp pink salt 3 tablespoons coconut flour 2-3 tbsp apple cider vinegar 1tbsp mixed herbs 1 tbsp allspice powder—this is optional, I just wanted to create a warm, subtly sweet flavour.
Instructions: 1. Set the oven to 190 degrees Celsius and line a loaf tray with parchment paper.
2. Blend all of the ingredients in a blender, except the eggs and pili nuts.
3. Whisk the eggs in a bowl until fluffy and stir in the pili nuts.
4. Pour the blended ingredients into the bowl with the eggs and stir until fully combined.
5. If the mixture seems too thick, add 2-3 tbsp of water or nut milk, but you do want a thick, well-combined consistency. It should not be watery or too liquid.
6. Pour the mixture into the baking loaf and use a spatula or the flat edge of a knife to evenly distribute the mixture.
7. Sprinkle over some mixed herbs.
8. Cover the loaf tin with kitchen foil and bake in middle of the oven for 20 minutes.
9. After 20 minutes, remove the foil and drop the oven temperature down to 180 degrees Celsius and bake for another 50-60 minutes.
10. Remove from the oven and pierce the bread with a skewer or knife, if it comes out clean then the bread is baked. If not, then return the loaf to the oven for another 10 minutes.
11. Allow to cool and serve.