Updated: May 20
These alkaline ginger cookies are perfect for the holiday season. They are lightly sweetened and have the right amount of ginger and spices. We’ve only used the natural clean vegan ingredients.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
2.5 Cups Spelt Flour
60g Turmeric & Ginger Pili nuts (crushed)
1 ts Baking powder
A thumb size ginger (grated)
1ts Ginger Powder
2 ts Cinnamon
1/4 Black Pepper
1 ts Clove powder
1/2 cup Agave Syrup
5 Tbsp Carob Syrup or Molasses
1/2 Cup Vegan butter
1. Sift the flour with spices, salt, baking powder, and mix well together.
2. In a separate bowl add vegan butter, carob syrup, agave syrup, crushed pili nuts,
3. Add this mixture to the bowl with flour and spices and mix well forming the dough into a ball. If it feels too soft, add more flour. Use cling film to wrap it and put it in the fridge for at least 40 minutes.
4. Take out from the cling film wrapper. Roll out the dough and use the cookie cutter to cut shapes.
5. Once done start adding our cookies to the baking sheet with the lined baking paper.
6. Bake for about 8 minutes at 190°.