The Best Vegan Chocolate Cake- A quick and easy recipe, made in 1 bowl! This really is the best chocolate cake ever, vegan or otherwise. It’s super moist, rich and full of chocolate.
- 22g Raw chocolate & coconut pili nuts
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1¾ cup agave syrup
- 1 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted or oil of choice
- ⅔ cup apple sauce, mashed avocado or mashed banana
- 1 tbsp apple cider or white vinegar
- 2 cups oat milk
4 tbsp corn flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
5 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 cup vegan cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, and grease and line 2 9-inch cake pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk together; flour, agave syrup, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, combine; vanilla, oil, apple sauce, vinegar, and oat milk.
- Gently, whisk together the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Evenly pour the cake batter into lined cake pans.
- Bake for around 30 mins, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10-15 mins, and then carefully place onto a greased wire cooling rack.
In the meantime combine the frosting ingredients until it's smooth, heat it up constantly whisking together until it's starts to boil. Pour the liquid over the top of the cake and spread evenly all over.
Lastly, top up with raw chocolate & coconut pili nuts, dried strawberries or any topping of your preference.