Spicy Raw Chocolate & Coconut Pili Nut Milk
- 1 cup raw activated pili nuts with raw chocolate & coconut
- 3-4 cups water (use less water for thicker, creamier milk // more
- water for thinner milk)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 whole date, pitted (optional // for sweetness // or 1 Tbsp (15 ml)
- maple syrup)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 small chilli (optional)
Soak puli nuts in cool or room temperature water for 1-2 hours. Then rinse and drain.
- Add nuts, water, salt, and any additional add-ins (optional) to a high-speed blender. Top with lid and cover with a towel to ensure it doesn’t splash. Blend for about 2 minutes or until the mixture seems well combined.
- Pour the mixture over a large mixing bowl covered with a strainer or a very thin towel, or a clean T-shirt. In my experience, it benefits from a single strain either through a very thin towel or nut milk bag. Save pulp for baked goods or to add to oatmeal, smoothies, or energy bites.
- Transfer to a sealed container or a glass bottle and refrigerate. Will keep in the refrigerator up to 5 days (sometimes more). Enjoy cold or hot and shake well before use (it tends to separate in the refrigerator). Can be used in smoothies, with granola, for matcha lattes, or baked goods!
- Stay Healthy! Stay Raw & Wild!