Making pili nut cheese is one of our favourite crafts. You don’t have to be vegan to fall for this Pili nut cheese recipe! It’s creamy, tangy, and rich. Perfect to be served with some sprouted bread, olives and capers. Honestly, it's one of our favourite recipes using pili nuts!
- 100g Original or Turmeric & Ginger Pili Nuts
- 1/2 ts Himalayan Pink Salt
- 50g water
- 1 tsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Dried Shiitake Mushroom (crushed)
- 100g Odourless Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Herbs (for decoration)
- Soak the pili nuts for about 3-8 hours then drain and rinse the water.
- In a high speed blender blend the nuts with water, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, dried shiitake powder and coconut oil.
- Use muslin cloth or a clean piece of cotton to strain our mixture.
- Transfer to a bowl of your choice, preferably something round to get that cheese shape and put it in the fridge for at least 5 hours or until the coconut oil hardens and makes the cheese get firm.
- You can decorate it with some herbs of your choice. We used some thyme and provencal herb mix.
- Our Pili Nut Cheese is now ready! Perfect to be served with some sprouted bread or simply added in a salad. Enjoy!